Monday, March 24, 2014

Skills

What is SkillsUSA? 
Is it a sport? 
Is it a game? 
Is it a hobby like 4h? 
Do you compete? 
Do you win things? 
Do you win money? 
Why do you do it? 

Do you do it for the satisfaction of competing? 
The satisfaction of knowing your hard work paid off? 
The thrill of that gold medal being handed to you? 
The look of excitement on your advisors face, knowing you're going to Kansas City? 

Why do you compete? 
Why do you come back every year? 

I come back to show I can do what I do, and do it well enough to win gold two years in a row. I breathe SkillsUSA from my lungs. It's made me who I am today. Without skills I wouldn't have been to travel. I wouldn't be able to compete and I wouldn't know the thrill of achieving my goal. SkillsUSA is a part of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment