Friday, December 6, 2013

Animals



This sounds like a cliché, but ever since I was a little kid I have wanted to be a veterinarian. I have had a passion for learning about animals and being there for them to make them feel better since I was little. I’ve always been an animal person. In the summer of 2012 I was able to have the opportunity to shadow a local veterinarian for the summer to see if I really wanted to pursue a career in veterinary sciences.

In those few short months I had learned quite a bit about animals, one aspect I learned is that I love animals even if they aren’t my own. Secondly, I would never be cut out to be a veterinarian. While shadowing the doctors that summer when they performed surgeries, sewed up sutures, saved lives, and ended lives, I knew that I would never be cut out to be a vet. I knew that I loved animals and still wanted to pursue a career that involved animals in one way or another. That’s how I came to the conclusion of wanting to open my own animal rescue center one day. I’ve seen multiple TV shows that have inspired me to pursue this career choice. It’s not an easy job I know that, but I am a very hands on person. I enjoy working with animals and knowing that I can help them stay off the streets and continue to stay healthy ignites a spark in me that I can’t seem to extinguish.

I am a motivated person, with very strong leadership capabilities and qualifications. I enjoy talking to people which would allow me to help adopt out the animals in my rescue center. My love for animals is what drives me, what better way to show that love, then by establishing my own rescue center.

No comments:

Post a Comment