Sunday, February 2, 2014

Emily Dickinson

    If anyone ever asked me, who my least favorite poet of all time was, I'd have to reply with Emily Dickinson. Now, to some that may sound harsh, but give me a moment to explain. 
   I have always been one of those kids who, growing up, was able to grasp things that I was learning fairly quickly and be able to continue on with wha I needed to because I knew what I was doing. Except for when it comes to
Emily Dickinson.  
  Her poems are very complex and not something that is easy to depict the meaning of. They take time to understand and they never mean just one thing. There are always 1001 hidden meanings and 10x as much explanations as to why it could mean what it does. 
  I don't do well with not understanding things. She's a crazy person and I don't like her poems. The meanings and the hidden meanings are sad and down right morbid. I feel like a moron when I read her poems and would rather not have to waste anymore of my time trying to understand what she is talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment