Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hamlet, the never ending journey

  The Friday before we went on break, we had a sub in all of our classes. In Mr. Burges class, we were continuing to read Hamlet; the problem was it wasn’t with Mr. Burge; instead it was by ourselves with the sub just listening to us read our lines. The most frustrating part of reading Hamlet has to be needing a “translator” to interpret all that we are reading.
            Coming back after break to class I felt pretty good. I felt as if I have been able to understand very well what has been going on in Hamlet. It began to feel easier to interpret the text. All until yesterday during class when Mr. Burge had started to talk to us about how important it was that we understand the text. How he is putting in more effort to explain to us then the regular senior class. It was impertinent that we were able to interpret the text and understand it, and if we didn’t then we need to pay attention during class and really try hard. If we don’t understand it now, how are we going to grasp it when we are taking the test 7 months from now to test what we have learned this year?
            I worry about how well Ill actually do on this test. I had confidence in myself that I would be able to do all that was required of me on the test and being able to fend for myself when I didn’t understand something well enough.  Now I’m second guessing myself and wonder if I will be able to pass it this year? I worry about failing because I “didn’t try hard enough”. I care about not letting myself down, especially when I know that I am able to persevere in what I do.
            I wonder how well this soliloquy is going tot go.

No comments:

Post a Comment