Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Balancing this year

  I know that this blog today will seem very cliché and for that I’m sorry, but for my free write blogs I enjoy talking about my life because it’s my story to tell. So again, bear with me for the moment.
   This year, I have a lot of balancing that I have to do within my life and my school life as well. I was told at the end of my junior year, by my senior friends that this year was going to be my toughest year to balance. School work would be on the easier side if I knew how to do my work on time and not procrastinate. I told her that I would be fine, and that I would be able to balance my life well enough that I would get by just fine.
  I was lucky enough to be able to get a job this year to earn myself money before I go off to college next fall. I was pretty excited about it, because it’s not just your average teenager’s first time job at a fast food restaurant, it’s at a veterinarian hospital, and that will actually benefit me later on in life.
   On top of that, I was lucky enough to be able to be elected as the president of my academy as well. I was very excited to be able to have the opportunity to have a larger leadership role in my academy and actually be able to do the things I want to in my academy. It’s just a little tough to have to balance when I am able to have meetings with the other officers and then making sure that I am able to get to work on time. It’s frustrating being a student that is so involved in my school and its leadership and then having to be able to make time for myself to get to work on time. There are times when I just want to quit being so involved. When I don’t want to do anything at all after school is the worst time for me.
  On top if all of that, I have a boyfriend who works as well as I do. This makes it difficult for us to spend time together and work our different schedules together to be able to make time for each other. It makes it hard on me when we don’t go to the same school either. There are a lot of days, when I wish that I could just have him with me all day at school to keep me grounded and focused. I miss him and wish that there wasn’t so much in my life right now that I have to balance.
   My life is just one large weight that I have to balance on my shoulders and it’s starting to make me sway back and with all the added pressure on my shoulders from everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment