Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Soliloquy Begins

Last week before we left for the weekend, Mr.Burge asked us to figure out which of the character speeches in the paly that we wanted to memorize for reciting in front of the class. I have been dreading him asking us what soliloquy that we wanted to do. I have been in our school plays for three years now, and have always had to memorize lines to read. It’s not the easiest thing for me to do. It takes time and it doesn’t just come to you all of a sudden. It’s a lot of practicing and word reciting. Which if I do say so myself is very time consuming. Unfortunately this year I don’t really have any extra time in my schedule due to the extra-curricular activities that I do as well as an Elementary School internship and my job on top of that.
   Mr. Burge hasn’t given us our time frame of exactly how many days we have to memorize these soliloquys, but I’m hoping that it’s not going to be any time soon.  These past weekend as well as this upcoming weekend are booked solid because I took the ACT and then I am taking the SAT this weekend. Needless to say, I am already all tested out.
  I’m hoping that this memorization will come easily to me, especially since I have so much going on right now, academically and “friendship” wise, it would be nice to just cease all the chaos and be able to just sit down and have no worries.
   This is going to get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment