Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hamlet Hath Ugh

   As Burge begins to tell us that we have to start reading Hamlet this weekend on our own, I proceed to groan inside of my head. This has to be the one of the worst plays by Shakespeare that I have read in all of high school. It's boring, and has to do with a lot of sex. I'm sorry, but that does not sound fun to me. 
    Tonight as I began to read the first scene in Act I my mind began to wander to other aspects of my life. Anything that could and would distract me sufficed. Those 18 pages were filled with pure jubberish to me. I mean don't get me wrong, I understand what was going on, but it was just so uninteresting and disappointing. I had high hopes for this play and am greatly disappointed. 
  To make matters worse, we have to actually do work for this play. We have summaries and titles to make for each scene. Even better, I'll have to memorize a speech that is over 25 lines long, along with all the rest that is going on with my life...  
   Let the count down begin for this play to end now. T-minus however many days we have left of it and 4 more acts. Wish me luck my friends, as I do the same for those of you that are in the same boat as I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment