Monday, September 16, 2013

The poetry in our Music

     While reading some of the headings on some of my fellow classmates blog, I begin to develop my own idea for my blog entry tonight.

    This past week has got to be one of the most stressful weeks of this year by far. I was in a horrible argument with one of my best friends and had our academy's elections on my mind. Its fair to say that my mind was else where for our classes last week.
 
   It was hard for me to concentrate knowing what was going on and that no matter what I tried to do, to stop it, that nothing would make it better. That all my attempts made it worse. I tried so hard to focus on school last week. I was so frustrated at my feeble attempts to finish my work last week. So, at the end of last week on Friday when Burge had told us that he was going to give us a break this weekend and give us an easy assignment, I sighed with great relief to know that my teachers still understood that we needed breaks.

  Our assignment was to find a song that we found to have deeper meaning and that held some sort of meaningful poetic value. Don't use Miley Cyrus' song, was all I heard replaying in my mind as I tried to find a song that would do this assignment justice. Especially now, that we are in our final year of high school, I would like to go out with a bang, and say that I actually tried this year. Being in Burge's class and always trying so hard to be in the head of the class and have him think that I am as smart as people like Parker and Delana who always seem to understand what's going on. I feel unskilled when I am around people like them.

  I hope that the song that I chose has meaning and could actually have a purpose tomorrow. I enjoy both poetry and music, so hopefully blending the two together tomorrow will resonant with me. Both poetry and music allow self expression, independence and authority over your own material. Its all up to the one that is behind that keyboard or pen writing and typing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment