Wednesday, November 20, 2013

205 Days to Go...

This past weekend when I was at Skills, I received an email to tell me of what score I got on my ACT. I was just a little disappointed when I looked online to see the score that I had gotten, I had wanted to get at least 5 more points, but that’s okay. The score that I received was pretty average, but I know I could have done better. I suppose the most disappointing thing about my score was that I had actually taken the time to study and to do well on this test and it didn’t really help me out in the end. I just hope that my SAT score is better than my ACT score was.    
The countdown has begun for the class of 2014 to graduate. It’s pretty surreal to think that this is my last year in high school, the last year that I will maybe ever be able to see most of my friends again. 205 days is all the time left we have until we graduate. It’s scary. I start to dream of all the possibilities that I will have in my life and it really scares me.
No more high school. No more seeing all of my friends every day and being able to confide in them about the things that we are all going through. It scares me; it truly and honestly scares me. I can honestly say that high school has been one of the best experiences that I have been able to be a part of the last 18 years of my life.
I can’t even fathom words to put into how I feel. That’s pathetic… I still feel like 1996 was only ten years ago, when in reality it was 17. How has the time passed me by so quickly? My best friend turns 18 tomorrow and that freaks me out. I don’t know why, it just does. 205 days left of my childhood and being with my mom and dad 24/7, but it’s time for me to go and spread my wings. See where life will take me. I’m afraid to jump, because I don’t know where I will land. I will just have to trust that what happens will be what was meant to be. That’s all I can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment