Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Eras

  While in AP literature, we are learning the different styles of writing of the English language from all eras right now. Our class has made I through the Anglo-Saxons era, the Middle ages era and now we are on to the Middle ages era. Our class has finally finished reading Hamlet and we are now moving on. We have moved on to a few different stories the first new story that we have read is the fall of Satan from Paradise Lost. To be quite honest, I skimmed through the story to find the answers to the questions that I needed. But the parts of the exert that I read were pretty interesting for the most part.
I’m not a religious person, so anything that has to do with religion is kind of annoying to me. But reading about the fall of Satan, it had some interesting parts and aspects to it. From a nonbiased point of view, what is being said makes sense to me. If I was a religious person and believed in God, I would say that I don’t like the devil for going against “God” in anyway, but I’m not so I won’t.
There were a few different quotes from Paradise Lost that had really resonated with me. Of course when I want to, I can’t find them, but I like how Satan described his rebellion against what God had wanted. The imagery of Hell and how it feels was immensely powerful and it was a bit frightening to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment