Monday, November 11, 2013

Hamlet is OVER

  I can happily say that Hamlet is now O-V-E-R over and I couldn't be ore excited that after this week I wont have to worry about Hamlet until we take the AP test in May. It's not that I wasn't able to understand what was going on in Hamlet, because I was able to understand about 80% of the text. It was the fact that William Shakespeare is possibly the must dull author that I have read material from. All of his stories have almost the exact same plot and its boring to me. In almost all his plays, everyone dies. I'm sorry but his history seems to repeat itself. Excuse me if I see that as boring material.

  Yes, Mr.Burge I did understand the dense text of Hamlet and would be able to use it if and when need be. I had asked around to my friends in that class last week to see how they felt on the subject matter of how exciting Hamlet made them and I got about the same response from them that I thought I would. Conclusion, I wasn't the only one that didn't like Hamlet, I was just the only one that ever said anything about it. Everyone else would just sit there and take it, or there was that select few in class that actually enjoyed it. (Weirdo's! ;)) Just kidding!

  It is my job as an active member of my class to have an opinion that matters and I wanted to share it when we were asked how we felt. Sorry Mr.Burge that it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Hopefully as the year progresses it will all get better and you wont have to worry about my controversial-ness. Until then, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment